This is a very moist and soft chocolate cake.
- 1 and 1/2 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup oil
- Grease a round, preferably springform, cake tin. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour and sugar. Add the cocoa powder and and baking powder. Stir until well combined.
- Add the yogurt and oil. Crack the eggs separately, beat well and add to the batter. Mix everything well. (An electric beater is best).
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin. (There may be some left over; you can make cupcakes/muffins with it).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- You can top it with whipping cream, sprinkles, icing or grated chocolate or serve it as it is.
Recipe credit to my friend Ruqayyah. You can see her blog at ruqayyah.home.blog .
2 thoughts on “Chocolate Cake – 2”