You can see how to make a paper-mache pinata here.
If you want a quick substitute to paper mache, all you need is…
- 2×6 or larger Styrofoam egg carton/s, depending on how many pinatas you want to make as you can’t fit a lost of things in one egg carton
- Some sheets of paper (also depending on the number of pinatas)
- Glue (UHU works best)
- Transparent tape
- Rope or thick string
- Somewhere to hang the pinata
- Fill the egg carton/s with candies, chocolates and anything else you want. Cut paper into small squares to make confetti. Make sure you can close the egg carton.
- Tape the egg carton closed so that nothing spills out.
- Cover the egg carton with a sheet of paper and secure it with UHU and/or tape. Make sure it doesn’t slip off.
- Use a big needle to make a hole, preferably through the middle of the carton so that it doesn’t slip out, and thread the rope or string through it. Either tie the ends of the string/rope together or make a big knot in one end and hang the pinata up with the other end. If needed, cover up the hole.
- Hang up the pinata.
- Have fun tearing it with a stick in the company of some friends!