This recipe is much like chocolate icing, except that it’s, well, frosting. It’s easier to spread, stays in place, is thicker and also has a richer taste. I’ve always wanted a quick, easy recipe for frosting, and if you want it too, here it is.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp plain chocolate (you can also use milk chocolate), finely chopped
- 2 tbsp oil / butter
- 1 tbsp milk
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, sugar and oil.
- Add the cocoa powder and chocolate.
- Stir in the milk. Make sure everything is thoroughly combined.
- Place the saucepan on medium to low heat. When the mixture begins to bubble, start stirring until the frosting is sufficiently thick. This takes about 30-60 seconds.
- Take the pan off heat. Let the frosting cool (it thickens slightly during cooling).
- If you’re in a hurry, you can spread the frosting while warm, but it’s best for it to be cool when you spread it, as should the cake.
Let me know how you liked the frosting in the comments!