A quick and easy recipe for chocolate icing. For frosting, see here.
This recipe makes icing sufficient to cover a 23 cm (9 in) round cake.
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Place all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour into a saucepan and place over medium/low heat. Stirring occasionally wait until bubbles form and the icing becomes slightly thick.
- When desired thickness is reached take the pan off heat and cool the icing. Pour over the cake.
- It it best to have the icing and cake cold before adding anything more (such as sprinkles) as they will melt.
Recipe credit to ruqayyah.home.blog
1 thought on “Chocolate Icing”